how do i get back USB Thumbdrive space???

Reaction score
I have a 2.0GB USB thumbdrive that supports private & public partitions. recently i do format my thumbdrive, now With their software itself I removed the private partition and so it now has only public partition. and now my thumdrive only has 1.13GB space.Do you know of any software that would help?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Assuming you are using XP ...

Right Click My Computer / Click Manage / Click Disk Management ... from the left hand pane.

Find your 2GB drive from the drives listed ... The drive should be showing some unallocated space. Right click the unallocated space and click Format.

Most thumb/pen/stick USB drives need to use FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 ... but some can use NTFS

Welcome to the Forums. :wave:

Reaction score
cant find unallocated space

ya ! i am using XP! i go Disk Management but can find unallocated space! muckshifter, u got any other idea??

here u see..

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, only time I seen that is when the thumb/pen/stick USB drive had to use its own software to format. According to what XP is seeing, you have a 1.14 drive.

You don't give much info ... is it a 'branded' drive ?

:user:

Reaction score
erm.......

own software format?? erm... tis is my friends buying for me..!! So i also no really sure what exactly the brand..it only write Thumbdrive..

Ask a Question