how do i find what cells equal a certain number?

tdub

I have a string of dollar amounts and I am trying to see if there is a quick
way to find out what amounts will total a fixed number. For example, I have
a number of cells, and I want to see what cells will total $500,000.00

Jim Cone

If you have to ask then you don't want to know the answer. <g>
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index.html
has some possible ways to do it.
My approach is to apply the amount against the oldest invoice and work up from there.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA