How do I enter bios to load xp

snoowee

Hi a real novice hear,,, I need helping accessing my bios to load xp2 on
there I have entered bios setup by pressing delete however this is not
where I want to be but it's been such a long time and i've lost
instructions. Once there i'm o.k just can't remember how to get in to
the bios setup to set particions and load xp. Can you help? (In simple
terms please?)

Ken Blake

snoowee said:
Hi a real novice hear,,, I need helping accessing my bios to load xp2
on there I have entered bios setup by pressing delete however this is
not where I want to be but it's been such a long time and i've lost
instructions. Once there i'm o.k just can't remember how to get in to
the bios setup to set particions and load xp. Can you help? (In simple
terms please?)

Two points:

1. How to get into your BIOS depends, not on Windows, but on what
motherboard/BIOS you have. As a matter of fact, you have to access the BIOS
before Windows even starts to boot. One common way is to press the Del key
when you first power on, but that's not necessarily right for your computer.
Watch the screen carefully when you first boot; there's often a message
there telling you what to do. If not, check your system documentation or
check with your vendor.
Also look here: http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

2. Getting into the BIOS has nothing to do with your need to "set particions
and load xp." You do both of those by booting from the Windows CD and
following the prompts. The only respect in which the BIOS *might* be
involved is if your boot order is not set to CD first, you'll need to change
it in the BIOS setup program before beginning.

snoowee

Ken said:
snoowee wrote:
-
[...]

or
check with your vendor.
Also look he http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

2. Getting into the BIOS has nothing to do with your need to "se
particions
and load xp." You do both of those by booting from the Windows CD and
following the prompts. The only respect in which the BIOS *might* be
involved is if your boot order is not set to CD first, you'll need t
change
it in the BIOS setup program before beginning.

I have got that far I am on bios but dont know where to proceed, I ge
a blue screen with various save & exit, password sets and bios set up
If i go in to bios setup it has variouse information with disable o
enabled by them however this is where i'm lost I need to get in to th
section to make particion I think

snoowee

Ken said:
snoowee wrote:
-
[...]

Ken many thanks,, I have one last question how do I boot from cd driv
as in bios theres no cdrom section listed to do so?

Again many thank

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Manuals are downloadable from motherboard manufacturer websites that will at
least show the various BIOS sections and the functions contained in each..

As you have elected not to give any information on your motherboard make and
model, it is difficult to determine what to tell you to look for, as there
is more than just one BIOS type..

snoowee

Ok how can I get the name of my motherboard?

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"snoowee" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Ken Blake Wrote:-
snoowee wrote:
-
[...]

get
a blue screen with various save & exit, password sets and bios set
up.
If i go in to bios setup it has variouse information with disable or
enabled by them however this is where i'm lost I need to get in to
the
section to make particion I think?-

Dave B.

How old is this motherboard?
If you don't have the option to boot from CD it must be pretty old.

Ken Blake

As I said in my previous message, not it's *not* where you make partitions.
The reason you are lost is that the BIOS has nothing to do with this. Please
explain *exactly* what you are trying to accomplish.

Ken Blake

snoowee said:
Ken Blake Wrote:

No, you don't go to a CDROM section. What it's called depends on your
particular BIOS, but it should be something like "Boot Sequence."

But I'm not at all convinced you need to do anything in the BIOS at all.
Before you possibly do the wrong there, and screw up the computer, please
explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and why.

Jonny

For those that wish to answer his question, he has a Award or Phoenix bios
("see pressing delete"). Interpret he wants to install XP from CD.