How do I disable "NOT READ" receipt sent back to spammers?

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Albe_V=B0?=

On my OL2007, I use a "never send a receipt", nor for delivery nor read
receipt.
But when I receive a mail message, requesting a Read receipt, AND I
DELETE THE MESSAGE WITHOUT READING (this happens when the message is
not fully downloaded due to attachment size, and I right click it and
Delete it immediately), OL sends a "NOT READ" receipt.
This is definitely serious, if you imagine me to delete a useless
message from a customer requesting a read receipt. HE WILL RECEIVE A
"NOT READ" receipt, and this is a serious matter.
Furthermore, consider all the spammers receiving a receipt for their
message, understanding the account to be alive.

I create a test environment creating two POP3 account, "Mittente"
(sender in italian) and "Destinatario" (recipient in italian).
Then I set up send/receive groups in order to "download only headers
for items larger than 500kb".
I create a message with a 1MB attachment, with "request a Read receipt"
option, and I send it to "destinatario" using "mittente" as sending
account.
When the message arrives (header only, as requested), I right click it
and DELETE it.
Few minutes later, I receive a message with "Not Read: <original
subject>" subject.

Hereunder received message full header:
From: "Mittente" <[email protected]>
To: "\'Destinatario\'" <[email protected]>
Subject: Not read: prova vera
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:46:39 +0100

Few weeks ago, when I tried investigating this matter, I simply
switched off outgoing delivery of my smtp server, and I saw outgoing
'not read' messages in the queue.

Any idea?

Alberto

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Albe_V=B0?=

Nel suo scritto precedente, Albe V° ha sostenuto :
On my OL2007, I use a "never send a receipt", nor for delivery nor read
receipt.
But when I receive a mail message, requesting a Read receipt, AND I DELETE
THE MESSAGE WITHOUT READING (this happens when the message is not fully
downloaded due to attachment size, and I right click it and Delete it
immediately), OL sends a "NOT READ" receipt.
This is definitely serious, if you imagine me to delete a useless message
from a customer requesting a read receipt. HE WILL RECEIVE A "NOT READ"
receipt, and this is a serious matter.

I still consider this to be a very serious matter, but nor on this NG,
nor on other public NG's, I'm receiving any kind of idea to solve.
I've been able to reproduce the problem on other OL2007 installations,
so the problem is not 'my machine', but maybe this problem doesn't
disturb anyone...

Alberto