How do I delete an empty System Files Folder?

G

In customizing my Start Menu entries, I apparently made an error somewhere that I can not undo. The problem is that I now have an empty folder in my Start Menu that I can not delete. It was titled, "Administrative Tools" and initially in the "All Programs" section of the menu. When I tried to delete it, the delete process was denied, stating that the folder was a Windows systems folder, and therefore could not be deleted. I moved this folder to a new Start Menu folder that I named "unused," and then renamed the problem folder, "Administrative Tools (can't delete)" I have tried removing the read only restriction, and still can't delete this (renamed) empty folder. The Start Menu/Properties/Advanced/ System Administrative Tools option is now set to "Don't display this item.
I did a basic file search, and find that I have three "administrative tools" folders on my computer
1. "Administrative Tools" in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Program
(11.8k size, and contains several .lnk files. Appears to be the proper folder. I do not see this one on my Start Menu.
2. "Administrative Tools" in C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\Start Menu\Program
(This folder is empty. I do not see this on my Start Menu.
3. "Administrative Tools (can't delete)" in C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\Start Menu\unuse
(This folder is empty. And I do see this one on my Start Menu.
Any help in resolving this will be appreciated.

G

Try opening task-bar/start in control-panel,set start to min amount to show
then reselect icons.

Ask a Question