How do I delay sending an e-mail to a later day/time?

When I have written an e-mail in Outlook 2003 how can I delay the sending of
it to a later time? I am sure it must be able to be done as I can do it via
my AOL e-mail. Thanks

Roady [MVP]

Press the Options... button when composing your message. Here you can set a
"Do not deliver before" time and date.

Gord

My outlook keeps putting a check beside delayed delivery, how do I remove
this? It just keeps coming back the next time I go to send a message!

Drives me nuts! LOL

tburns0825

Do you know whether this option will work even if my computer is not turned
on during the time I request my message to be sent?

Troy

Brian Tillman

tburns0825 said:
Do you know whether this option will work even if my computer is not
turned on during the time I request my message to be sent?

Only if you're using an Exchange account. Since you're using AOL (an IMAP
account), not only must your PC remain on, Outlook must remain open.

Bob1500

I'm also using Outlook 2003 and checked the 'Do not deliver before' checkbox.
Problem is the email is not sent at or after the designated time. My PC is on
and Outlook is open and still the message sits in the Outbox? How can I fix
this?

Leanne

I'm having the same problem. I've used the "do not deliver before" function
many times. However lately, the emails just sit in the "outbox" and don't end
up going out. Any suggestions? We're on 2003 as well.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Aqua

I also have this problem, and I use Outlook 2003. The "do not deliver before"
option is non-functional. Hopefully a member of the Outlook team will reply
to us with an answer.

Aqua said:
I also have this problem, and I use Outlook 2003. The "do not deliver
before" option is non-functional.

Define "non-functional". Does this mean you can't specify anything or that
you can but it doesn't seem to have an effect?
Hopefully a member of the Outlook team will reply to us with an answer.

Who is "the Outlook team"? This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup.

Aqua

SEE BELOW

Brian Tillman said:
Define "non-functional". Does this mean you can't specify anything or that
you can but it doesn't seem to have an effect?
PUTTING A FUTURE "do not deliver before" DATE HOLDS THE MESSAGE IN THE
OUTBOX WHERE IT STAYS INDEFINITELY, AND IS NOT DELIVERED TO INTENDED
RECIPIENT ON OR AFTER THE DELIVER DATE.
Who is "the Outlook team"? This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup.
ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND/OR UPGRADE OF
OUTLOOK. I SUSPECT SUCH A PERSON DOES ACCESS THESE MESSAGES FROM TIME TO
TIME. EVEN SO A REPLY IS NOT REALLY NECESSARY, ONLY A FIX.

Brian Tillman

Aqua said:
PUTTING A FUTURE "do not deliver before" DATE HOLDS THE MESSAGE IN THE
OUTBOX WHERE IT STAYS INDEFINITELY, AND IS NOT DELIVERED TO INTENDED
RECIPIENT ON OR AFTER THE DELIVER DATE.

Please, lose the caps lock. Posting all in caps is considered shouting.

What type of account? Do you leave Outlook running?
ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND/OR
UPGRADE OF OUTLOOK. I SUSPECT SUCH A PERSON DOES ACCESS THESE
MESSAGES FROM TIME TO TIME. EVEN SO A REPLY IS NOT REALLY NECESSARY,

It is rare that anyone from Microsoft reads these newsgroups. It's not
impossible, but you should consider that this is not an official Microsoft
support channel. If you want Microsoft to act upon something you should
contact them directly and open a support incident.

Aqua

My account is on a Microsoft Exchange Server.
Yes, I frequently leave my computer on at night so I can access it from
home. Sometimes I also put my computer on Hibernate at night. I close Outlook
only when I shut down the computer, once or twice per week.
Thanks

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

My account is on a Microsoft Exchange Server.

If your delivery location is the Exchange mailbox, then you shouldn't need
to leave your PC (and Outlook) running in order for the delayed send to
operate correctly. The Exchange server should perform the function.

carpets

I am on Windows Live Mail and I am having the same problem. There doesn't
appear to be an option to delay the sending of an email. Can anyone help?

Jerry L

OK. I've read all the posts on Delay Sending an email. My question is what
do I do after I enter the MM/DD/YYYY; do I close out the input box and/or hit
SEND to complete / activate the dalay send?

Thanks,
Jerry

How can I use delay function

Hi Sir! I use outlook 2003. I try to follow your instruction. But i cannot
find the word "DELIVERY OPTION". can you tell me more detail?

Roady [MVP]

Press the Options... button while composing the message. You'll find a "Do
not deliver before ..." field.

"How can I use delay function" <How can I use delay