How do I create a Word document from a contact record in Outlook 2

In Outlook 2003 I was able to create a Word document (a letter) directly from
a contact record I was working with at the time (as an action). How can I do
that in Outlook 2007? I don't see anything under Actions or anywhere else.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The feature never worked so it was removed. Use Word's Insert Address
function instead by adding the Address Book to the QAT.

please forgive me, but what is a QAT?

by the way, it worked fine in outlook 2003... MS really should consider
putting this feature back in 2007....it was VERY useful.

thanks!

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
udontquit said:
In Outlook 2003 I was able to create a Word document (a letter) directly
from
a contact record I was working with at the time (as an action). How can I
do
that in Outlook 2007? I don't see anything under Actions or anywhere else.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Feature never really worked well enough to be worthwhile. It was far too
much trouble.
The rest of your questions are Word questions. QAT = Quick Access Toolbar.
You can use the "Customize" option to add features. You will find the
Address Book under the "All Commands" heading.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

udontquit said:
In Outlook 2003 I was able to create a Word document (a letter)
directly
from
a contact record I was working with at the time (as an action). How can
do
that in Outlook 2007? I don't see anything under Actions or anywhere
else.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

I hate to contradict my favorite Russ, but the feature was very useful to me in a business environment. I am sorry it is gone, even though the workarounds are pretty useful, just not as quick.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| Feature never really worked well enough to be worthwhile. It was far
| too much trouble.
| The rest of your questions are Word questions. QAT = Quick Access
| Toolbar. You can use the "Customize" option to add features. You will
| find the Address Book under the "All Commands" heading.
|| please forgive me, but what is a QAT?
|| by the way, it worked fine in outlook 2003... MS really should
|| consider putting this feature back in 2007....it was VERY useful.
|| thanks!
|| "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
||| The feature never worked so it was removed. Use Word's Insert
||| Address function instead by adding the Address Book to the QAT.
||| --
||| Russ Valentine
||| [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

But don't you remember how many users were confounded by it? There were lots
of posts here, although most of them were because users were trying to get
it to do things it wasn't designed for. You obviously knew how to use it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
wrote in message I hate to contradict my favorite Russ, but the feature was very useful to me
in a business environment. I am sorry it is gone, even though the
workarounds are pretty useful, just not as quick.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| Feature never really worked well enough to be worthwhile. It was far
| too much trouble.
| The rest of your questions are Word questions. QAT = Quick Access
| Toolbar. You can use the "Customize" option to add features. You will
| find the Address Book under the "All Commands" heading.
|| please forgive me, but what is a QAT?
|| by the way, it worked fine in outlook 2003... MS really should
|| consider putting this feature back in 2007....it was VERY useful.
|| thanks!
|| "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
||| The feature never worked so it was removed. Use Word's Insert
||| Address function instead by adding the Address Book to the QAT.
||| --
||| Russ Valentine
||| [MVP-Outlook]

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Yes, I remember (shudders) but once learned, never forgotten, at least for me.

Anyway, Outlook is the one program from Microsoft that has proven consistently to be the most useful and the most aggravating at the same time, and often performing the same task.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| But don't you remember how many users were confounded by it? There
| were lots of posts here, although most of them were because users
| were trying to get it to do things it wasn't designed for. You
| obviously knew how to use it. --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|
| I hate to contradict my favorite Russ, but the feature was very
| useful to me in a business environment. I am sorry it is gone, even
| though the workarounds are pretty useful, just not as quick.
|

|| Feature never really worked well enough to be worthwhile. It was far
|| too much trouble.
|| The rest of your questions are Word questions. QAT = Quick Access
|| Toolbar. You can use the "Customize" option to add features. You will
|| find the Address Book under the "All Commands" heading.
||| please forgive me, but what is a QAT?
||| by the way, it worked fine in outlook 2003... MS really should
||| consider putting this feature back in 2007....it was VERY useful.
||| thanks!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The biggest problem I see is how dysfunctional the integration with Word
remains to this day. It just keeps getting worse instead of better. Even if
one does figure out they can use the Insert Address function of Word, they
must then contend with the intricacies of how to modify AddressLayout in
Word 2007 to get it to behave the way they want--not an easy task now that
it's in QuickParts and not AutoText. And does Microsoft provide any
guidance? Not a chance.
I'm just glad my day job is easier than being an Outlook MVP.
--

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ROTFLMAO!

--