how do I change the skin on Outlook 2003

I wish to change outlook to ahve a blue background rather than the standard
out of the box colour

Outlook uses Word as its editor so anything you set in word will be the
setting for your outlook email. So, you can set a new mail to be blue but
you cannot set any of the other places, like calendars, notes, to be the blue
by setting word to have the blue background. To do this:
Open Word
Select Tools/ Options
Select the General Tab
Select Blue Background, White Text

Close Word. When you now open a new email it will have the blue background
I believe you are requesting.

Hope this helps. If this did not answer your question please let us know.

M.D. Foster

*From:* KauaiDawn<[email protected]>
*Date:* Thu, 12 May 2005 02:44:01 -0700

Outlook uses Word as its editor so anything you set in word will be the
setting for your outlook email. So, you can set a new mail to be blue
but you cannot set any of the other places, like calendars, notes, to
be the blue by setting word to have the blue background. To do this:
Open Word
Select Tools/ Options
Select the General Tab
Select Blue Background, White Text

Close Word. When you now open a new email it will have the blue
background I believe you are requesting.

Hope this helps. If this did not answer your question please let us
know.
It didn't do this for me (Outlook 2003/Word XP)

David Foster

Hi David. Did it do it in Word , or just not in Outlook? If so, is Word
turned on as your editor in Outlook?
Tools / Options / Mail Format
Check marks for Word in both boxes

Let me know if it still does not work and what you see. Thanks.

Interesting Brian. So you bought word xp and outlook 2003 as a standalone
installation? Yes, that would be logical since word xp is not going to have
the functions necessary to be compatible with a newer version of outlook.
Outlook 2003 was a major upgrade. Sorry it didn't work for you.

M.D. Foster

*From:* KauaiDawn<[email protected]>
*Date:* Thu, 12 May 2005 11:56:11 -0700

Hi David. Did it do it in Word , or just not in Outlook? If so, is
Word turned on as your editor in Outlook?
Tools / Options / Mail Format
Check marks for Word in both boxes

Let me know if it still does not work and what you see. Thanks.
Ah! there's the problem. These options are both greyed out for me and I
can't bring them into use which ever text option I select (HTML, Rich Text
or Plain Text - which has been my default preference).

David Foster

Brian Tillman

KauaiDawn said:
Interesting Brian. So you bought word xp and outlook 2003 as a
standalone installation? Yes, that would be logical since word xp is
not going to have the functions necessary to be compatible with a
newer version of outlook. Outlook 2003 was a major upgrade. Sorry it
didn't work for you.

It was not I with the problem. I never use Word as the mail editor anyway.
I was responding to M. D. Foster, if you read the message I quoted.