  1. Kyle

    Kyle Guest

    How do I calculate standard error in excel?

    Kyle, Jul 13, 2009

  2. Kyle

    JoeU2004 Guest

    =STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

    Note that in Excel, STDEV is the sample std dev (variance computed using
    n-1), not the population std dev (STDEVP; variance computed using n)

    JoeU2004, Jul 13, 2009

  3. Kyle

    Luke M Guest

    If your referring to statistics, I think you mean standard deviation (how far
    data is off from the average). In which case, you want to use STDEV.

    Luke M, Jul 13, 2009
  4. Kyle

    EricG Guest

    EricG, Jul 13, 2009
  5. Kyle

    Jim Cone Guest

    Look up "standard error" in the Excel help file and see what is says about "STEYX"
    --
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA

    Jim Cone, Jul 13, 2009
  6. Kyle

    Francis Guest

    assuming that your data are as :
    Known y's are in range A2: A20
    Known x's are in tange B2 : B20

    try this
    =STEYX(A2:A20,B2:B20)
    --
    Hope this is helpful

    Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

    Thank You

    cheers, francis

    Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

    Francis, Jul 13, 2009
  7. Kyle

    JoeU2004 Guest

    Errata....
    As others noted, arguably it depends on what standard error you want. The
    formula above is the standard error of the mean.

    Laura_Joy, Nov 9, 2017