How do I access a hidden folder in a template in front page?

Front Page hidden folders and files

How do I access a hidden file and folder while editing a template in Frong
Page. My instructions are:Right click on start button, choose explore. Select
Tools, Fold3er Optons. Click on the View tab. Select Show hidden files and
folders radio button. These buttons do not exist. Im using Vista. Can
someone give me an alternative way to do this. Thank you Pauline

Stefan B Rusynko

1) You should not be editing any FrontPage hidden files or folders
- they are hidden for a reason and editing them will corrupt your FP site
2) You need to ask in a MS Vista newsgroup how to set hidden files/folders as visible in Vista
- the instructions you have are for Windows XP or earlier

| How do I access a hidden file and folder while editing a template in Frong
| Page. My instructions are:Right click on start button, choose explore. Select
| Tools, Fold3er Optons. Click on the View tab. Select Show hidden files and
| folders radio button. These buttons do not exist. Im using Vista. Can
| someone give me an alternative way to do this. Thank you Pauline

Ronx

Which hidden folder are you trying to get into?

Have you tried opening the site in FrontPage, then:
Tools->Site Settings - Advanced Tag
Tick the box labelled "Show hidden files and folders"
Click OK and allow the web site to refresh.

If using FrontPage 2002 or earlier, use Web Settings instead of Site
Settings.

Some hidden folders will then be visible , including _borders, _themes and
any you created yourself.
Some are permanently hidden in FrontPage, such as the _derived folder.

As Stefan implied - if you can't see a folder in FrontPage, then editing
anything in that folder is likely to corrupt your web site.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"Front Page hidden folders and files" <Front Page hidden folders and
news:[email protected]...