    stop Word doing this?

    Someone said check the "Prompt to update style" checkbox in the edit
    options, but this doesn't work.

    Robert Halford, Jul 26, 2005

  2. It's not really a style--start with Big Idea #4 here:
    http://shaunakelly.com/word/sfpane/StylesAndFormattingPane.html

    And the rest of the page will explain what is going on.

    --
    Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
    Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

    Daiya Mitchell, Jul 26, 2005

  3. That's controlled by Tools - Options - Edit - Keep track of formatting.

    --
    Herb Tyson MS MVP
    http://www.herbtyson.com

    Herb Tyson [MVP], Jul 26, 2005
  4. Thanks that exactly answers my question.

    Robert Halford, Jul 26, 2005