How can i rightalign the levelnumbering in a table of contents?

How can i rightalign the levelnumbering in a table of contents?

I would like te creat a report with a TOC that looks like this:

1 Chapter 1............................1
1.1 Paragraph 1.........................2
1.1.1 Subparagraph 1....................3

The problem is that I can not find any option to rightalign the
levelnumbering on the left. In the styles "Heading x" it is easy, but when
the TOC is being generated, Word wil always align the levelnumbering from
left to right. Each item in the TOC should start with a tab...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

How have you applied the numbering to your headings? If it is autonumbering,
is the alignment of the numbers set to Right in the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog?

You should be able to accomplish the same thing in the TOC by customizing
the TOC styles.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Niels van der Steenhoven" <Niels van der
news:[email protected]...