How Can I Report To Microsoft Fraudulant Use Of Vista Ready Logo?

I have purchased System Mechanic from Iolo. They use the Vista Logo, but
their software will not install on Vista, nor will their customer support
contact me. Their website clearly says that their software will work with
Vista after release. Something needs to be done about this fraudant use of
the Vista Logo.

JP

Alert the Media ! Rally the Troops ! Send in the Guard! And someone phone
Ralph Nader.

Or ...call Microsoft and tell them, if you feel strongly about it.

Paul-B

bigrich said:
I have purchased System Mechanic from Iolo. They use the Vista Logo,
but their software will not install on Vista, nor will their customer
support contact me. Their website clearly says that their software
will work with Vista after release. Something needs to be done about
this fraudant use of the Vista Logo.

My copy of System Mechanic Pro V7 works perfectly with Vista business.
What version are you running?

Jon

bigrich said:
I have purchased System Mechanic from Iolo. They use the Vista Logo, but
their software will not install on Vista, nor will their customer support
contact me. Their website clearly says that their software will work with
Vista after release. Something needs to be done about this fraudant use
of
the Vista Logo.

The first step in the reporting procedure would be to conclusively prove it
wasn't your own incompetence.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Bigrich,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it seems you have a question about a third party
application running on Windows Vista. I suggest you contact the third party
application manufacturer to see if they have any information about this
issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?YmlncmljaA==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: How Can I Report To Microsoft Fraudulant Use Of Vista Ready Logo?
| Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:44:01 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| I have purchased System Mechanic from Iolo. They use the Vista Logo, but
| their software will not install on Vista, nor will their customer support
| contact me. Their website clearly says that their software will work
with
| Vista after release. Something needs to be done about this fraudant use
of
| the Vista Logo.
| --
| bigrich

Richard Urban

Ken,

Are you saying that Microsoft is not interested in knowing that a specific
company is using the MS logo for false advertising? Isn't that trademark
infringement? I should think that Microsoft would not look kindly upon the
practice.

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks Richard!

For the non-technical question, we suggest the customer contact our sales
marking department to submit the situation. For more information about
Windows Vista Logo, please refer to the following links:

FAQ for Windows Logo Program V. 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/VistaLogoFAQ.mspx

Microsoft Partners to Offer New Windows Vista-Ready Products for Holidays
Windows Vista logo program designed to help encourage compatibility and
performance in partner software and hardware.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/Oct06/10-1290NewProductsPR.msp

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Richard Urban" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: How Can I Report To Microsoft Fraudulant Use Of Vista Ready
Logo?
| Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:29:05 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Ken,
|
| Are you saying that Microsoft is not interested in knowing that a
specific
| company is using the MS logo for false advertising? Isn't that trademark
| infringement? I should think that Microsoft would not look kindly upon
the
| practice.
|
| --
|

| Regards,
|
| Richard Urban
| Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
| (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
|
| Quote from George Ankner:
| If you knew as much as you think you know,
| You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
|

| | > Hello Bigrich,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, it seems you have a question about a third party
| > application running on Windows Vista. I suggest you contact the third
| > party
| > application manufacturer to see if they have any information about this
| > issue. Thanks for your understanding.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.

| > rights.
| > ======================================================
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?YmlncmljaA==?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: How Can I Report To Microsoft Fraudulant Use Of Vista Ready
| > Logo?
| > | Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:44:01 -0800
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
| > |
| > | I have purchased System Mechanic from Iolo. They use the Vista Logo,
| > but
| > | their software will not install on Vista, nor will their customer
| > support
| > | contact me. Their website clearly says that their software will work
| > with
| > | Vista after release. Something needs to be done about this fraudant
use
| > of
| > | the Vista Logo.
| > | --
| > | bigrich
| > |

I would encourage you to report this if you do believe it breaches the
windows logo program. I too have seen windows logo misrepresented and it is
to no ones advantage to allow this. Getting a response from MS may be a a
challenge, which sadly may also say something about this program.