How can I move blocks of calendar information?

K

K Shaiken

How can I move blocks of "appointments" at one time..

say I have 10 30min "appointments" (they are actually Quarterly Supervisory visits as I'm a nurse) from one day to another?? DO I *have* to do that one at a time??

say the MSclock confused itself and all my appointments for the next 3 years are moved back from 8a to 11a? I corrected the MSclock, but that didn't change the placement of the "appointments."

third scenario:
I have set up numerous recurring "appointments" as I have to see clients and caregivers on a state mandated rotation continuously .... how do I find when the NEXT occurrence is?? All I can find is the series doing a search - but to find the next actual occurrence I have to page through 3 months of each week.... there HAS to be an easier way!!

your help would make a huge difference in my every day working with this program and I would be *ever so* grateful!

Thanks
Henaynei

D

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

1. hold shift or control as you select, then ctrl+c to copy or drag to move.

2. set the clock so the items are correct, export to excel, fix the clock
then import.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041012.htm

3. that the only way if you use recurrences. if you create the series in
excel and import, you can look at them in a table view.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/everyx.htm has the steps needed.

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

K

K Shaiken

I appreciate your speedy response!

I put out a wish list....

the next version of Outlook calendar have the option to locate all the occurrences of a recurring event within a set range of dates.... I have to move recurring items constantly so that I coordinate things like Staff Supervisory visits with Client review visits with Staff annual skill reviews with Client annual re-certifications -- into one visit whenever possible for cost effectiveness reasons... it is SO time consuming to have to page through several weeks to find something.... to know if it's date is close enough to combine with one of the other required visits.... and putting them up in an Excel table doesn't sound like it will solve the issue as the table is set and not flexible to accommodate the moves and keep the mandatory frequency accurate.... so ..... I wish.... :)

But again, thanks for the other info - it WILL be helpful!

:)
Henaynei

K

K Shaiken

outlookmvp wrote on Wed, 18 June 2008 17:0
1. hold shift or control as you select, then ctrl+c to copy or drag to move.Quote
I erred in communication....

I can move these appointments one at a time --- if I have, say, six on one day and need to move them all to a slot 2 weeks away... is there a way to do this all at once or must they be moved individually??

Please forgive my denseness... :?

Ask a Question