    Excel is Ariel 12 so I know the two are not related.

    There has to be some function I am missing as I have scoured the internet
    looking for an answer to no avail

    CThomas, Dec 4, 2008

  2. I used Live Search with "Excel comment font" and found this info on Debra
    Dalgleish's site

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default

    Change the Default Font Size
    You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in
    your Control Panel.
    (Instructions for Windows XP)

    1.. Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties
    2.. On the Appearance tab, click Advanced.
    3.. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip
    4.. Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK
    (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in
    Excel's comments)

    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme