How can I Display/Change the Message-id in the header of a mail sent or to be sent

Michael B

Hi,

Some mail I've sent have been lost by my email provider.

In order to help them to found a bug in their mails systems, they asked me
to tell us the message-id of my sent message.

In outlook 2007 or XP, I can't view header for the message I sent. Message
received only have Message-Id correctly filled. Example :

NB : thunderbird or their webmail can display this information for the mail
I've posted.

How can I do under Outlook 2007.

I've tried to display PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID or all headers from
outlookspy, but this field isn't availlable...

Is it a way to do that with redemption or others ?

Thanks you for reply.
Michael

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

That field is never available in sent items. The information is added after
the item is sent and is only available on the receiving end. Webmail can do
that because they supply the email transport.

Michael B

Le Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:45:52 -0400, Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] a écrit :
That field is never available in sent items. The information is added after
the item is sent and is only available on the receiving end. Webmail can do
that because they supply the email transport.

Thunderbird can, i've tried it again !!

I've tried on telnet and it's also possible to add this header correctly.
Ex :
telnet smtp.myserver.com 25
220 smtp1-g19.sssss.fr ESMTP Postfix
helo sdjflqsjf
250 smtp1-g19.sssss.fr
mail from:<[email protected]>
250 Ok
rcpt to:<[email protected]>
250 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: testing message id
..
250 Ok: queued as EBE7A1AB355
quit
221 Bye
Perte de la connexion à l'hôte.

And the mail I receive contains MY message-ID header...

Michael

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I'm not familiar with Thunderbird, and it really doesn't matter if
Thunderbird can do it, Outlook can't. You won't find that property in sent
items in Outlook. Wishing won't make it so.

.