How can I delete ALL text boxes in Excel worksheets?

Somehow we have hundreds of text boxes, which you can not locate unless you
are lucky enough to select one. Then we can remove them, is there a way to
remove ALL text boxes easily?

Don Guillett

a macro
Sub shapescut1() 'Tom Ogilvy
ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll
Selection.Delete
End Sub

Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Deleting Multiple text boxes

Thanks for the how to in regard to deleting multiple text boxes. I wonder if anyone knows how they got there in the first place? We saw over 18,000.

Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you very much, your macro solved a big problem!
nod.gif

I had 1,500 text box in the file. Size was 12 MB. After the macro, 82KB!

Ciao
B.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Genesis,
>
> > Then we can remove them, is there a way to
> > remove ALL text boxes easily?
> >

> F5, special, Objects, del?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVP
> www.jkp-ads.com

Joined
Jun 21, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
If anybody still needs help with this, I just posted an easy and quick guide to remove text boxes (or any object) from Excel 2003/2007 without macros on my blog.

If you search google for my blog using:

"zzoomforward blogspot excel"

You should be able to pick up a link to the blog entry on the AnandTech forum.

(I cant post links because this is my first post here)

Hope this helps someone out!

Kind Regards,
Zzoom

Last edited: