How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?

I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my
"Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy
way to do this?

Thanks

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Posted to Outlook groups daily:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked:

| I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in
| my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there
| an easy way to do this?
|
| Thanks

Milly,

I do not see on the website where I can copy just ONE contact folder. All I
see is how to export/import the PST file. Did I miss something?

Mardman

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Posted to Outlook groups daily:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked:

| I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in
| my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there
| an easy way to do this?
|
| Thanks

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Copy the .pst file to the new computer and open it there. Copy your sub-folder to the current .pst and then close the copied .pst file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

Milly,

I do not see on the website where I can copy just ONE contact folder. All I
see is how to export/import the PST file. Did I miss something?

Mardman

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Posted to Outlook groups daily:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked:

| I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in
| my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there
| an easy way to do this?
|
| Thanks

Brian Tillman

I do not see on the website where I can copy just ONE contact folder.
All I see is how to export/import the PST file. Did I miss something?

And it you don't want to do it Milly's way (the easiest, IMHO), then create
a new PST with File>New>Outlook Data File, copy the one folder to that new
PST, close that PST with right-click>Close (on its root), close Outlook, and
copy that PST to the other system, opening it in Outlook there with
FIle>Open>Outlook Data File, giving you access to the one folder the PST
contains.