How can I control my kids use of their iphones

Reaction score
First off - bad idea to buy kids iphones. Now, how do I control their usage? AT & T has parental controls but they say Apple won't let them apply them to the iphone. I want to limit what my daughter can view (no movies or tv), but I can't seem to figure out the passcode to just turn on the phone and the passcode for the restrictions. Any help?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Settings, general, Restrictions. Turn on, enter pin of your choice. Choose what restrictions you want in place.

Its easy.

*Dons spam jacket*

Reaction score
Settings, general, Restrictions. Turn on, enter pin of your choice. Choose what restrictions you want in place.

Its easy.

*Dons spam jacket*

NOT that easy. The passcode for the restrictions is the original passcode you set to get into your iphone. If you have changed the passcode to get into the phone, the restrictions passcode is still the original passcode you set. You can easily change the passcode to get into the phone, but the only way to change the restrictions passcode is to re-store the iphone to it's original settings - which wipes out all contacts, etc. My daugther knew my old passcode - which remained the restrictions passcode and if I wasn't really careful, she would get in and change the restrictions back. The Apple folks will back up 250 cantacts for you, but if you have more, they can't or won't do it. I had to back up to itunes, (they won't do that for you - so you have to go home and do that - then home back to the Apple office, reset the phone, re-set for a password to get in and another for the restrictions, then restore the contracts by synching/restoring from itunes). A bit of work, I thought.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i dont know what your doing but i've just set up a passcode for locking my iP4, then went and set up another for the restrictions.

It IS that easy.....

Also, why store the contacts on the phone when you can just sync them from your Gmail account for example? That way there's no way of loosing them. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You children are not allowed to watch movies or TV, how dare you!

How can you have any pudding if you won't eat your meat? :mad:

I raised my three girls with open access to the internet and free reign with their mobiles from the age of around seven.

Only one of them turned into an axe-murderer, not a bad result eh? :)

Ask a Question