How can I check the startup logfile in Vista?

Michael B.

For some reason after upgrading to Vista SP1 (RTM), my startup takes about 1
minute longer than before. I would like to see the logfile that is created
during the startup of the machine. Perhaps the dealy is being caused by a
faulty driver and I would like to try to see if I can find it.

Where/how do I find this log?

Thank you

dev

/Michael B./ said:
For some reason after upgrading to Vista SP1 (RTM), my startup takes about 1
minute longer than before. I would like to see the logfile that is created
during the startup of the machine. Perhaps the dealy is being caused by a
faulty driver and I would like to try to see if I can find it.

Take a look under ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS|EVENT VIEWER. Clicking on
individual errors or warning may yield info.

Also, type "start up delay" into the HELP & SUPPORT search box. Related
suggestions are offered there.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
I am not sure there is enough information in here to compare or not.
run MSConfig, choose the bootlog option
should get the log to your \windows folder
I think this is the \Ntbtlog.txt file. That was the name in Windows XP, I
have not tried this in Windows Vista
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]