-----Original Message-----
From: Sandra [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: 16. juli 2004 21:30
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: hover underline on links
Subject: hover underline on links

I have the following code in my style sheet. It will NOT create an
underline nor uppercase when mousing over a link.
Why?

a:link {color: black}
a:visited { color: #800080 ;}
a:hover {color: cc0000; font-weight: bold; text-
decoration: underline;}{text-transform: uppercase}
a:active { color: #800000; }

Sandra

I had tried putting "hover" last before I posted this
question. But I found the answer. I had left out <div.
When I put that in, it worked. But what is <div anyway???

Thanks. Sandra

E. T. Culling

I have learned that the correct order is LVHA: Link, Visited, Hover and
Active.
Eleanor

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.5.4

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Subject: Re: hover underline on links

I had tried putting "hover" last before I posted this question. But I
found the answer. I had left out <div.
When I put that in, it worked. But what is <div anyway???

Thanks. Sandra

Steve Easton

But if you want your active link to change when hovered, it needs to be active then hover. If you
don't then hover - active

;-)

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

E. T. Culling said:
I have learned that the correct order is LVHA: Link, Visited, Hover and
Active.
Eleanor

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
The order they come in are important. Change to this order:
a:link {color: black; text-decoration: none}
a:active { color: #800000; text-decoration: none}
a:visited { color: #800080; text-decoration: none}