Hot to transfer Favorite folder...

T

Tony

Hi,
I'd like to transfer the files from Windows 98 SE Favorite folder into XP. I tried using copy and paste and they do show in Favorites folder on XP but when IE is open there are no mentions of these. How do I make them to work? Thanks.

Regards,
Tony

R

Ramesh

Each user will have a favorites folder. Make sure you copy *.url file in your profile.

"%userprofile%\favorites"

--

Regards,
Ramesh
(e-mail address removed)

Hi,
I'd like to transfer the files from Windows 98 SE Favorite folder into XP. I tried using copy and paste and they do show in Favorites folder on XP but when IE is open there are no mentions of these. How do I make them to work? Thanks.

Regards,
Tony

R

Rich/rerat

To Export Favorites as an *.HTM file:
Open IE in W98SE> Under FILE> Import & Export> Run the Export wizard.

Save the file as a Bookmark.htm file to either a floppy disk if the PC's are not on a network. If they are on a network, you can either save the file on a drive on the XP PC, then import it into IE from there. If you save it to a file on the W98SE, when using the Import wizard by browsing to that file on the W98SE PC.

To Import Favorites from an *.HTM file.
Open IE in WinXP> Under FILE> Import & Export> Run Import Wizard> Browse to the saved "bookmark.htm" file.

--
Rich/rerat

Add MS News Server to your OE with news://msnews.microsoft.com/
(RRR News) <message rule>

Hi,

Regards,
Tony

Ask a Question