Hope some of you are up late!

Billybob

I'm relative new to all the things and styles Word XP Home can do.
Running Windows XPHome and Office Suite/Word xp.

I'm creating DVD inserts. I have a text box exactly around my template
containing the movie synopsis text. Within this larger text box, I have a
smaller text box that contains an actor's picture or an image pertaining to
the movie title. This will only work if I can wrap the text around the
smaller text frame containing the graphic. Can I do this? I haven't been
able to figure it out so far. The picture position is fine in the lower left
corner, but when I copy and paste the synopsis in it, instead of wrapping it
goes behind the picture. Help!

JulieD

Hi Billybob

some of us are on the other side of the universe where its still light :)

can't really picture what you're up to, but have you tried double clicking
on the picture and playing with the layout tab (esp the options under
advanced)

if this doesn't help - email me your doc and i'll have a look at it.

Cheers
JulieD

TF

Julie

Never post your email address in clear on a Public space. Spammers have
devices that go round the Internet looking for valid email addresses and
then add it to spam lists that they sell on. In future, post using something
like julie AT hcts DOT net DOT au so that humans can easily see what the
real email address is but harvesters are too dumb.

Be prepared for a bombardment.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: Hi Billybob
:
: some of us are on the other side of the universe where its still light :)
:
: can't really picture what you're up to, but have you tried double clicking
: on the picture and playing with the layout tab (esp the options under
: advanced)
:
: if this doesn't help - email me your doc and i'll have a look at it.
:
: Cheers
: JulieD
:
: : > I'm relative new to all the things and styles Word XP Home can do.
: > Running Windows XPHome and Office Suite/Word xp.
: >
: > I'm creating DVD inserts. I have a text box exactly around my template
: > containing the movie synopsis text. Within this larger text box, I have
: > smaller text box that contains an actor's picture or an image pertaining
: > the movie title. This will only work if I can wrap the text around the
: > smaller text frame containing the graphic. Can I do this? I haven't been
: > able to figure it out so far. The picture position is fine in the lower
: left
: > corner, but when I copy and paste the synopsis in it, instead of
wrapping
: it
: > goes behind the picture. Help!
: >
:
:

JulieD

Hi Terry

thanks - been using newsgroups for about 3 years now and haven't had a
problem - but i guess i might have been lucky to date! - have taken your
advice though

Cheers
JulieD

Rather than using a Text box inside a Text box, why not
simply insert a picture? Wouldn't that do it for you?
Then you could format the picture similar to what Julie
suggested. Placing a text box within another text box is
similar to placing one book on top of another book. They
move independantly.

TF

You certainly are lucky! I hope it continues.

Terry

: Hi Terry
:
: thanks - been using newsgroups for about 3 years now and haven't had a
: problem - but i guess i might have been lucky to date! - have taken your
: advice though
:
: Cheers
: JulieD
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Julie
: >
: > Never post your email address in clear on a Public space. Spammers have
: > devices that go round the Internet looking for valid email addresses and
: > then add it to spam lists that they sell on. In future, post using
: something
: > like julie AT hcts DOT net DOT au so that humans can easily see what
the
: > real email address is but harvesters are too dumb.
: >
: > Be prepared for a bombardment.
: >
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : Hi Billybob
: > :
: > : some of us are on the other side of the universe where its still light
: :)
: > :
: > : can't really picture what you're up to, but have you tried double
: clicking
: > : on the picture and playing with the layout tab (esp the options under
: > : advanced)
: > :
: > : if this doesn't help - email me your doc and i'll have a look at it.
: > :
: > : Cheers
: > : JulieD
: > :
: > : : > : > I'm relative new to all the things and styles Word XP Home can do.
: > : > Running Windows XPHome and Office Suite/Word xp.
: > : >
[...]

Julie, Your email address is safe with me, I promise. Terry is right though!
Nowadays it's is really asking for big trouble to disclose your address. I
do , however, appreciate your time and responses. I was unable to show you
my problem graphically because my many securities would not allow it. I
still can't get the text to wrap the graphic thought I've spent all morning
trying to figure out why, even though I've done what each of you suggested.

And...so you'll feel better about the address thing, I'm going to delete any
traces of your email address on my PC.

Best regards,
Bill (Tampa, Florida, USA)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

To be more explicit about this: text in a text box cannot be wrapped around
anything because both are in the drawing layer.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Billybob

Just what I needed, Susan...a straight simple answer. Now I know that it
can't be done.

Thank you so much!

Beth Melton

Hi Julie,

The majority of us around here have been fine for years too. That is
until they started harvesting email addresses from the newsgroups
about 6 months ago. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

JulieD

Hi Beth

well that explains it - i haven't been on the newsgroups much in the last
six months - the new bubs been keeping me busy :)

Cheers
JulieD

Graham Mayor

I think it must be the Google archive that is being harvested rather than
the newsgroups themselves. The vast majority of the junk that I receive hits
the mailbox that I used a couple of years back (I no longer check it) - and
of course this one, since the filters were removed
:(

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

TF

Graham

I started getting spam to the email address that I display in this Newsgroup
about 6 months ago (like Suzanne). But immediately it started happening I
camouflaged my email address using ASCII and it has stopped the spam. Shows
how really dumb the harvesters must be.

Terry

: I think it must be the Google archive that is being harvested rather than
: the newsgroups themselves. The vast majority of the junk that I receive
hits
: the mailbox that I used a couple of years back (I no longer check it) -
and
: of course this one, since the filters were removed
: :(
:
: --
: <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
: E-mail (e-mail address removed)
: Web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
: <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
:
: Beth Melton wrote:
: > Hi Julie,
: >
: > The majority of us around here have been fine for years too. That is
: > until they started harvesting email addresses from the newsgroups
: > about 6 months ago. :-(
: >
: > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: > Beth Melton
: >
: >
: > : >> Hi Terry
: >>
: >> thanks - been using newsgroups for about 3 years now and haven't had
: >> a problem - but i guess i might have been lucky to date! - have
: >> taken your advice though
:
:

Graham Mayor

I have my e-mail address on my web site camouflaged and to date that account
is still spam free - I hadn't considered doing so on this account because I
only use it here and as you will know this account was filtered until very
recently. If camouflage works to reduce that spam, then it will be worth
doing. On other news servers I use a false address and obviously that
doesn't get spam to arrive here. None of this explains why my eidosnet
account which I have not used for two years was getting 100+ spams a day
until I simply stopped checking in January.

OK, so I have removed my address from the text body and camouflaged the
address. Let's see what happens now :)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Now that Felix isn't filtering at all any more, I guess I'll have to start
doing so. I kill-filled Elene this morning and was surprised to see (for the
first time) her email address. <g>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)