homepage hijacked and pop ups, got it fixed

G

Thanks for all of the help, but none of the programs suggested found anything. Not one of them picked it up. I had downloaded a program, Spybot, that does a free scan and from there told me the location of them and I was able to go into reg edit and remove them.

A tip for anyone looking for them. One of them is WhenU, and it's connected with weatherbug. The other was a fake yahoo messenger.

The pop ups are gone, IE is working again, and our homepage is back to what we set it at instead of being redirected on it's own.

G

oops, it wasn't spybot and I can't remember what it was. It was a spyware program though. It does a free scan but when you ask it to remove the items it wants you to pay $39.95. Since it told me the location of the offending items I just went and hunted them down and removed them myself.

J

Jeffrey Struyk - MVP

Thanks for all of the help, but none of the programs suggested found anything. Not one of them picked it up. I had downloaded a program, Spybot, that does a free scan and from there told me the location of them and I was able to go into reg edit and remove them.

A tip for anyone looking for them. One of them is WhenU, and it's connected with weatherbug. The other was a fake yahoo messenger.

The pop ups are gone, IE is working again, and our homepage is back to what we set it at instead of being redirected on it's own.
You might want to try Spyware Blaster...it keeps this stuff off your
machine to begin with.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Ask a Question