Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade

D

Desperation

Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this:
error.jpg
so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is the one that I found http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e4987701-14fc-4769-9410-1db06616a90a and I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during the installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to these problems.Thank you!

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

G

Gis Bun

For most, going from Premium to Ultimate may not be something you need.

I'm using Ultimate [a promo copy from MS] and there is little in it that
could improve things. My USB TV tuner - as an example - doesn't work with the
Media Center.

You should check the MS web site's comparison chart between editions to see
if it's worth it. Everyone's situation is different.

Your JPG doesn't say much.

Desperation said:
Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this:
error.jpg
so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is the one that I found http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/e4987701-14fc-4769-9410-1db06616a90a and I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during the
installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to these problems.Thank you!

F

Frank-FL

in message
Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home
Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system
for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive
thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was
running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this:
error.jpg

so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I
found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is
the one that I found
http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e4987701-14fc-4769-9410-1db06616a90a and
I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me
the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the
upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal
until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it
stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during
the installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that
one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it
brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck
with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do
other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the
Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a
lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to
these problems.Thank you!

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

A shot in the dark. Are you mixing 32 bit and 64 bit versions?

Ask a Question