Home page default

sammysecer

. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail)

Subject: Home Page addy-unwanted & can't get rid of it
From: "TomT" <[email protected]>
Sent: 7/9/2004 10:02:27 AM

After a recent security update from Windows for IE6 I got
an unwanted visitor...a new home page link. This is the
address that comes up when I click on IE:
fastnet
It appears in the registry in numerous places as well and
I have tried to remove/replace it with the correct
registry entries. My normal home page is Google.com which
I set in the Tools section of IE6, but after closing IE
and restarting, the one above appears again. I have tried
all of the SpyBots, Adawares and Hijack and to no avail,
this link keeps reappearing.
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this?
Thanks in advance

..

Steven F.

After a recent security update from Windows for IE6 I got
an unwanted visitor...a new home page link. This is the
address that comes up when I click on IE:
fastnet
It appears in the registry in numerous places as well and
I have tried to remove/replace it with the correct
registry entries. My normal home page is Google.com which
I set in the Tools section of IE6, but after closing IE
and restarting, the one above appears again. I have tried
all of the SpyBots, Adawares and Hijack and to no avail,
this link keeps reappearing.
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this?
Thanks in advance

I think I have quite the same problem. It drives me crazy.
Every time i start IE i get the same homepage i don't
want. I tried to change my homepage/ start page in the
Internet Settings window to www.google.be for several
times; the first time after it i use IE the problem seems
solved but from the second time the spyware page takes it
over...
The page I get is named "Search for.." (with 2 points);
that's the information i get from the bron code window;
the page launches each time when opened a popup window,
that differs each time (3 kinds); the different popups
say "warning!!! your pc may be infected with spyware..."
or "Scan my pc now for free!!!" (of course with
links), "spyware detected" and so on...

I nowere find a solution for this problem but it seems
that many users are infected with this...

Can anyone send me help?
Thanks
Steven

lcraig

I have the same annoying problem. Hasnt anyone resolved
this yet who can tell us how to fix it? What is the point
of having a feature to change the home page when it does
not work?

Jacque® Dupre©

Hi,

You may want to look at the registry as the Spy-Bot re-runs and re-installs
each time you reboot as it may be in your registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Spy-Bot

Eliminate all Pop Up Ads. Both are free downloads.

http://toolbar.google.com
http://toolbar.msn.com

Best wishes - Jacque
Cooking Creole Cajun in New Orleans, Louisiana -
LsuEdu @ msn com
http://www.icq.com/270747443
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."