Home network problem

G

Here is my situation: I have a DSL modem that connects into my Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. My home PC is connected to the router via a cable (not wireless), my laptop connects to the router wireless. Both computers can ping the IP address of the router (192.168.1.1), my laptop can ping the PC, but the PC cannot ping the laptop. Therefore on my home network, I can access files on the PC from the laptop but not the other way around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(Both computers are on the same Workgroup as the SSID on the router.)

B

BobC

Here is my situation: I have a DSL modem that connects into my Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. My home PC is connected to the router via a cable (not wireless), my laptop connects to the router wireless. Both computers can ping the IP address of the router (192.168.1.1), my laptop can ping the PC, but the PC cannot ping the laptop. Therefore on my home network, I can access files on the PC from the laptop but not the other way around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Both computers are on the same Workgroup as the SSID on the router.)

Turn off any firewalls including XP's built in ICF.

U

UGModeler

If you were running Norton's Internet Protection Suite, disabling it
sometimes is *not* enough. Uninstall it completely. I spent countless
hours with the same problem, after having disabled it, until I unistalled
it!

G

I figured out the problem and I wanted to let everyone know. I have a VPN client that I use from time to time and that had a "Stateful Firewall" that was checked to always stay on. I turned it off and everything works great now.

H

Haggis

great!

Rod Roddy said:
I figured out the problem and I wanted to let everyone know. I have a VPN
client that I use from time to time and that had a "Stateful Firewall" that
was checked to always stay on. I turned it off and everything works great
now.

Ask a Question