HijackThis Online Log File Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Due to the large amounts of people who are having trouble with 'Spyfalcon' 'Spytrooper' and alike i thought it would be a good idea to point out this handy website.

First, download and run HiJackThis, (click 'Do a system scan and save logfile') and when the results come out in 'Notepad' copy and paste them HERE, and click 'Analyse'.

Then when the results come back, have a look through and make sure you recognise the entries listed. If they're marked 'safe', then no problem.

However if you find some that aren't safe, and your 100% sure it's a nastie, (Google it, look around, Crosscheck them HERE and/or HERE to be sure)

If your still not sure then post your log file in these forums and someone will take a look. :thumb:

If your confident you know what your doing, then mark the entries and use the 'Fix selected issues' button.

**Use HiJackThis and the Analyzer AT YOUR OWN RISK, damage can be done to your system by fixing legitimate files!

Myself & PCReview will not/cannot be held responsible for damage done to your pc while using this tool. We didn't put the stuff on your pc in the first place**

*My thanks to Matjestic over at Spyware point for pointing this out. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yup ... don't tell the others, but 'tis what I used to help "cure" some of the posts we've had here recently.

;)

It does help to know what is what though, so do be careful when doing a self-diagnostic, if unsure then post your HJT log anyway and we'll do our best to help.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Cheers for that V_R :thumb:
There does seem to have been a lot of postings on this subject to which You, Muckshifter & others have kindly helped others to resolve.;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good Idea V_R - of course I never used it :blush:

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Feckit said:
Cheers for that V_R
There does seem to have been a lot of postings on this subject to which You, Muckshifter & others have kindly helped others to resolve.
I cant take the credit for helping the others really, Its down to Ady and Mucks. :thumb:

I saw it on SWP and thought it would be a good Sticky over here for a while, havent been there for ages, Sorry Ian. :blush:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ouch Ian ....

Hmmm, that prevx is a waste of time, despite entering a highly infested HJT Log, it found nothing ... I know there was at least nine positive nasties & eleven more anomalies that needed further investigation. So, I tried again with another log ... oh dear ... I'll treat it as an advert for their, err, now suspect, program. :rolleyes:

spyandseek faired a litle better, at least it identified most of the nasties. :thumb:

I'll say this ... these online HJT "scanners" are nothing compared to someone in the know. ;)

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've removed it now :thumb: Just wanted to give the thread a bump so that people could run the logs through it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question