highlighting dates past a year

Reaction score
Hi,
A bit of a novice at excel but I keep a record of the staff and the date they undertook their different training. Is there a way of highlighting cells when their training is due again?
I need the date highlighting when various training is 1 year 2 years and 3 years ago.
Its excel 2002
:confused:

Reaction score
That makes no sense to me Im afraid. I get that I have to use conditional format and know I have to put a formula in but not a clue what the formula is.

Reaction score
You may be able to achieve what you want by using Conditional formatting with a formula like the following: (=INT(TODAY() - $A$1) > 365).

Let me know if this helps or I will look for another solution.

Reaction score
No that doesnt seem to help. Let me check Im doing this right.
I go to conditional format and put "formula is" instead of "cell value is". I then manually type the formula you gave and choose the format when the condition is true ( in this case set the writing as red).
Should this work if I highlight all the cells needed or would the formuula be different. In my case I need to format from B4 to S16.
Also, with the code provided, are there any spaces in the formula??
:confused::confused:
Can you believe Im the most computer literate in my workplace?!

Reaction score
Could you share a sample of your file or a dummy file similar to yours on a shared location (Google Docs if you have a gmail account or other place accessible via a Link) ? it would help me understand how you have created the conditional formating. Thanks

Ask a Question