Higher fines for "Silent Callers"

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ofcom has upped increased the fines for "silent calling" number scanning, withholding call line ID and abusing systems for dishonest gain, from £50,000 to £2 million. Some might say, "...and about time too!" ;)Linky to story.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I had a "number withheld" call late yesterday afternoon, it was my doctor's surgery.

they use one of these 071 call center systems

They were offering me free jabs, I won't report them, I need their business ;)

:D

Reaction score
My parents get the asian guys calling them up quite often reporting that their computer has too much information on it and it will crash unles they can sort it out immediately.

If I ever answer one of those calls and I hope I do they gonna regret it. Scamming $%*£(&@'s

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wot nivrip said :thumb:

I have discussed my tactics with cold callers previously on this here forum but suffice to say much sport can be had with some of them.

One honourable mention and kudos must go to the Asian Gentleman, who, on me informing him to go forth and multiply and then hang up on him, took the trouble to call me back and leave a message on my answerphone telling me to do the same thing.

Respect :D

Ask a Question