Hi everyone!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Am i the only one who is suspicious that sometimes these seemingly random 'Hi There' threads are spam bots?

I've seem it a lot on other forums where they do just the same, then the next day/week the post all manner of crap or have something in their sig. I know we dont get it here so much. Possibly Ians filters etc blocking it.

Not saying this guy or any here are, but it just seems too familiar.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Am i the only one who is suspicious that sometimes these seemingly random 'Hi There' threads are spam bots?

I've seem it a lot on other forums where they do just the same, then the next day/week the post all manner of crap or have something in their sig. I know we dont get it here so much. Possibly Ians filters etc blocking it.

Not saying this guy or any here are, but it just seems too familiar.

Nope, you're not the only one to suspect this but what can we do?

Yes, we get a plethora of these single posters saying hello, often in broken English, and that's the last we ever hear of them.

Exceedingly irritating.

Mind you, if this new member is for real, he may be slightly cheesed off now :D

But I suspect that will be the one and only post ever from minery, confirming your suspicions.

Ask a Question