Hey! hey! hey!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Let me just state before my introduction, I am in no way, shape, or form obese like Fat Albert, hence the thread title
laughingsmiley.gif
My name is Peter, and i'm 15 years old, i''ve never been a member on a PC Forum but I just got my brand new Everex StepNote XT5300T Notebook "The most talked about Everex notebook in 2007 is back. With the power of Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium running on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, the latest 17" laptop from Everex makes ultra-high performance affordable again." With my great buy, I had to share it with The Internet! I am no newbie to gaming, my first PC game I actually became obsessed with was Team Fortres Classic (TFC) and now i'm playing with bigger and better things like Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4! Tell me what you think of my new notebook:

Performance Upgrades:
  • Added 4 GB of RAM but Windows Vista® Home Premium
    only allows 3 Max :(
  • May soon upgrade to Windows Ultimate
  • Going to look into a bigger HDD if I need it in the future

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hiya Peter, welcome to PC Review
happywave.gif

I have posted over in your other thread some thoughts about the laptop, so I'll just stick to welcoming you :)

Hope you enjoy your time with us
nod.gif

Reaction score
Clockwork said:
Added 4 GB of RAM but Windows Vista® Home Premium
only allows 3 Max
You'll need to upgrade to the 64 Bit version of Windows Vista to run more than 3.5GB of RAM.

Welcome to PC Review, hope you enjoy it here :)

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me to the PC Review Forums!! :cool:

nivrip said:
Hi and welcome.
happywave.gif

BTW, who is Fat Albert?

http://wmimarketinggroup.com/images/hey_fa.jpg - This is Fat Albert
laughingsmiley.gif
Some US cartoon that was made into a movie with real actors around a year or so ago i'd say? His catch phrase is "Hey! Hey! Hey!" so note i'm not obese like this character, hehe.

Adywebb said:
Hiya Peter, welcome to PC Review
happywave.gif

I have posted over in your other thread some thoughts about the laptop, so I'll just stick to welcoming you :)

Hope you enjoy your time with us
nod.gif

I am greatly appreciative you took your time to welcome me and assist me with my other thread, thanks much!
Jason.369 said:
You'll need to upgrade to the 64 Bit version of Windows Vista to run more than 3.5GB of RAM.

Welcome to PC Review, hope you enjoy it here :)

Yes, that would be Windows Ultimate® or just a 64 Bit version of Windows® VISTA. I'm only allowed to 3 GB of RAM at the max for my system, I didn't know it was 3.5? It's okay, this will definitley be a future perforance modification to my notebook once I realize it's acting rather sluggish. I would also like to thank you for contributing to both of my threads as well as Adywebb!

PC Review is an awesome community!

Reaction score
Clockwork said:
...I didn't know it was 3.5?
Well, from doing some research you can upgrade to 3.5 but because Windows Vista requires space (512MB) for addressing and other certain system things (that I won't go into here) you only feel the benefit of 3GB ...put simply.

With Windows XP you can go up to 3.5GB with a 32 Bit Windows XP, any higher than that you require 64 Bit. You can get the full 3.5GB with Windows XP though.

Clockwork said:
I would also like to thank you for contributing to both of my threads as well as Adywebb!
It's OK :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Here we go again ... don't anybody "search" the forums these days. :rolleyes:

Windows 32bit, XP as well as Vista, CAN "see" all 4gig of ram ... I gone through this often enough, do a search. ;)

Oh, welcome to the forums. :thumb:

I think I'm gonna have to do an article & make it a stickie

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Here we go again ... don't anybody "search" the forums these days. :rolleyes:

Windows 32bit, XP as well as Vista, CAN "see" all 4gig of ram ... I gone through this often enough, do a search. ;)

Oh, welcome to the forums. :thumb:

I think I'm gonna have to do an article & make it a stickie

Where oh where is it? oh forgot I only have 2 GIG of Ram mucks:D

and welcome peter:wave:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Windows 32bit, XP as well as Vista, CAN "see" all 4gig of ram ... I gone through this often enough, do a search.
But due to how the system works, the system will only utilise 3.5GB of it ...which is why I said 3.5GB. I guess I wasn't too clear :confused:

Last edited:

Ask a Question