Hewlett Packard takes over, please help me fix this

Ed C

I was running Windows XP successfully & recently added a cable modem. Now,
when I turn on the machine, Windows XP appears to be loading, then the
Hewlet Packard Blue screen loads instead of the Windows desktop.

I have made sure the hard drive was selected as first boot device.

This machine is a Hewlett Packard Pentium 3. When I turn on the computer,
Windows appears to be loading. Before it finishes, the Hewlett Packard blue
screen takes over. What is happening, is there any way I can correct this?

Thank you

fredg

I was running Windows XP successfully & recently added a cable modem. Now,
when I turn on the machine, Windows XP appears to be loading, then the
Hewlet Packard Blue screen loads instead of the Windows desktop.

I have made sure the hard drive was selected as first boot device.

This machine is a Hewlett Packard Pentium 3. When I turn on the computer,
Windows appears to be loading. Before it finishes, the Hewlett Packard blue
screen takes over. What is happening, is there any way I can correct this?

Thank you

This news group is dedicated to Microsoft Access questions.
Access is a database product.
You should post your question to a Windows XP newsgroup and/or a HP
Newsgroup.

Good Luck.