From: "Steve" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
Subject: Re: Help with Hurricane Database
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:38:23 GMT

If you need help in the future expanding what you have to track income,
costs and claims, contact me at (e-mail address removed). If nothing else, I
can help you with developing the structure of the tables. My fees are very
reasonable.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
(e-mail address removed)

Keith Wilby

Suzann said:
I understand and I appreciate the fact that there are people on the net and
possibly in this newsgroup who do prey on people like me.

I have the utmost respect for this newsgroup and for people like you, Bob
and Doug who constantly answer questions for end users like me who are
wanting to learn more but are stuck on one particular point.

Please don't let "Steve" put you off. The vast majority of people who lurk
here will be more than happy to help FOC if they can.

Keith.
www.keithwilby.com

Douglas J. Steele

Sounds as though what you might be looking for is a Filter for the form.

dim intUnit as Integer
dim strName as String
dim strFilter as String

intUnit = InputBox("Please enter the Unit Number", "Unit Number")
strName = InputBox("Please enter the Hurricane Name","Hurricane Name")

strFilter = "fldUnit = " & intUnit & " and fldHurricaneName = '" & strName
& "'"
Me.Filter = strFilter
Me.FilterOn = True

Again, I thank you all. I'm glad to know in this day and age chivalry isn't
dead - lol. I'm working the suggestions that Doug and Bob gave me. I have
used this source in the past and will continue to do so. Y'all helped me
understand securing a database with user-level-security. If I can get that
to work, then I can get my dialog box to work too. Thank YOU all for your
professionalism .. and for your continued help.

Steve

Just be aware that with this ELEGANT way to get user data, when the user
wants to look at the record of a different unit, the user will have to close
the main form, open the preliminary form, enter the Hurricane, enter the
unit and click a button. The user will love you for that! With a combobox in
the main form and a combobox in the subform you can change records
immediately from the main form.