Help with Advanced Filter criteria for customized email inbox view

mmrtech

Using MSOutlook2003
I customized my Outlook Inbox view with an advanced filter. The
criteria were

Field Condition Value
-------- ----------- ------
Due By does not exist
Due By on or before Today()

The result was that I see all of my email messages that either don't
have a reminder set (flag and due date) or have a reminder set for any
time after 12:00:00 AM of the current day.

This worked very well. Everything that is due on a future day was
hidden from view so I didn't have to look at it. I then decided that I
also wanted to hide email messages that are due later in the same day.
I changed "Today()" to "Now()" in the second criteria above, but it
doesn't seem to be working quite right. Hard to explain, so I'll use an
example.

The emails that are flagged as due at 9AM on Friday are now showing up
on Thursday at 10AM. Sooooo, the time checking is working, but the date
checking is not!

Any suggestions? I couldn't find any documentation on the advanced
filter criteria.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'm kinda surprised Now() applied to hours in tasks - it should work like
Today() - but it seems to be working more like now() = "this week".

In my tests, Now() hides things flagged for next week but not flagged for
tomorrow (or this week, but flag for this week = flag for friday = flag for
today). The reminder time doesn't seem to affect it - in outlook's mind,
flagged for today = due at 5pm. The reminder is just a reminder.

So... try a different field - reminder time, on or before now(). However, it
won't work with the due date field as they are AND'd together. You'll need
to use either SQL or QueryBuilder tab to create the filter with OR.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040927.htm for info on
querybuilder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

mmrtech

Diane -

Appreciate the reply, but I did not have much luck. I'm trying t
filter email messages and the Reminder Time field only seems to wor
for filtering appointments and tasks.

Thanks for the tip about query builder. It didn't solve the problem
but I'm glad to have it in my tool belt now.

I'm convinced this filtering problem is a defect.

Matt

;313951']I'm kinda surprised Now() applied to hours in tasks - it shoul