Help to locate GUID/UUID!!

Wai Kong [MSFT]

Hi, Victor,
You may want to try wbemtest.exe (located at \system32\wbem folder on XP
machine) to find out the GUID for that machine:
1. run wbemtest.exe
2. Click Connect. Change Namespace to root\cimv2, and hit connect.
3. hit Enum Classes... button, it will pop up a dialog, choose Recursive and
hit OK.
4. in the Query Result dialog, you will see Win32_ComputerSystemProduct
class, Double click it and it will pop up a Object editor dialog.
5. In the Properties listbox, choose UUID and click Instances button. In the
Query Result dialog that pops up, double click and another Object Editor
dialog will pop up. This time, it contains the UUID for the computer.

Hope this helps.

Victor

Hi,

I need to locate the GUID/UUID of a client computer. Found this on
windows help site:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ll/proddocs/en-us/sag_RIS_pro_Client_GUID.asp.
Tried everything in there and nothing worked!! Can somebody please help me??

This is what I'm trying to do. I have a server running on Windows Server
2003 and 6 computer running under the same domain, 2 of them running XP. I
want to manage these computer's through my Server.
This is what I did. On the server's Active Directory => "Domain Name" =>
Computers, right click on the right side window and then click on New = >
Computer, type in a computer name click next, it asks me if "this is a
managed computer" and then asks me for the computer's unique ID (GUID/UUID).

Please help me!!
Hope I was clear enough!!

Victor

Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

--
Wai Kong [MSFT]

"Victor" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>

> I need to locate the GUID/UUID of a client computer. Found this on
> windows help site:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ll/proddocs/en-us/sag_RIS_pro_Client_GUID.asp.
> Tried everything in there and nothing worked!! Can somebody please help

me??

> This is what I'm trying to do. I have a server running on Windows

Server
> 2003 and 6 computer running under the same domain, 2 of them running XP. I
> want to manage these computer's through my Server.
> This is what I did. On the server's Active Directory => "Domain Name"

=>
> Computers, right click on the right side window and then click on New = >
> Computer, type in a computer name click next, it asks me if "this is a
> managed computer" and then asks me for the computer's unique ID

(GUID/UUID).

> Please help me!!
> Hope I was clear enough!!
>

> Victor