Help to identify issue in w32tm debug log file

Discussion in 'Windows' started by LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017.

1. LuckyMS

LuckyMS

I have checked everything...As recommened by MS..All is good. However still event is getting generated.
    -------------------------Posting w32tm debug logs--Can you help m eto understand its date and what do the logs say?--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -
    Please find attached log file since it is too long to post.

Attached Files:

• w32.txt
      File size:
      817.1 KB
      Views:
    LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. LuckyMS

muckshifter I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition. Moderator

debug log files are for the experts, that does not include MS, they themselves have a really hard job of understanding them. Me, I ain't got a clue either.

I suggest you ... w32tm /debug /disable ... and tell us what sort of 'error' you are encountering, give as much detail as possible.

Welcome to the forums.

:user:

muckshifter, Jul 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. LuckyMS

LuckyMS

Event ID - 50 - The time service detected a time difference of greater than 128 milliseconds for 90 seconds. The time difference might be caused by synchronization with low-accuracy time sources or by suboptimal network conditions. The time service is no longer synchronized and cannot provide the time to other clients or update the system clock. When a valid time stamp is received from a time service provider, the time service will correct itself.---
    ---However it correct itself---Since this server in SSO cluster get fail time difference between the server---But As of now I focusing on event ID 50..want to get rid off that

LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017
  4. LuckyMS

OS please :)

5. LuckyMS

LuckyMS

2008 R2 standard

LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017
  6. LuckyMS

That clears up a lot ... Windows Storage Server 2008 R2.

I'm afraid that is beyond my knowledge of Windows' OS and would only seek Mr Googles assistance, such as ...

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...id-26on-windows-2003-sp2?forum=winserverfiles

... and I quote;

My bold

... hope I've pointed you into a more lucrative direction for a solution.

7. LuckyMS

LuckyMS

thank you for assistance. unfortunately i mention Evt ID 50 is - - The time service detected a time difference of greater than 128 milliseconds for 90 seconds. The time difference might be caused by synchronization with low-accuracy time sources or by suboptimal network conditions. The time service is no longer synchronized and cannot provide the time to other clients or update the system clock. When a valid time stamp is received from a time service provider, the time service will correct itself.--- And what you have redirected that is all together differen tissue

LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017
  8. LuckyMS

yes, well I did say I know nothing of that OS ... and my 'findings' are based on my interpretations of the 'error' message + OS

good luck!

9. LuckyMS

LuckyMS

Thank you..Will give my geek friends to comment on this..:)

LuckyMS, Jul 17, 2017
  10. LuckyMS

Awld Nick

This eventID 50 might be accompanied by occasional EventID 34, which are the ones you ACTUALLY need to worry about.
    However, start from first principles:
    1. Is this server a DC and running the FSMO role of PDC Emulator ? If so, it should be configured to contact an external timesource via NTP... and the EventID 50 messages mean it has sporadic issues contacting that external source.
    W32tm /stripchart /samples:2 /computer:<your external time server>
    ...is the command to test this
    2. Given you say it is in a cluster, seems unlikely to be the PDCemulator DC... any other machine in the domain should be getting its time from that DC via NT5DS .
    In this case the EventID 50 messages mean that the problem box has sporadic issues contacting the PDCe; you may have other events logged to correlate this.

How much does the problem server's time drift by before it corrects ?

Is the problem server a VM ? VMs are known to drift if they are not synchronised to a reliable time source, so there is scope to have the host push its time down to its VMs... this is BAD for DCs, and pointless in a well-connected domain, so unless your problem server is in a workgroup, set the VNIC time provider enable value to zero

Of course, the time service can misbehave, even when well-configured... but making sure your PDCe is getting good time and sharing it out properly is always a good start.

Awld Nick, Jul 20, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question