Help Needed

Reaction score
I have a friend, whose daughter is currently attending Uni in the wilds of scotland. She never took a laptop from Canada and is looking around for a laptop over your side of the pond. I was looking at the prices in the UK and was surprised. Any decent laptop deals around?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Harvey, I should imagine you will find our prices a bit higher over here!

Not too hot on laptops, but something from Dell or Toshiba at the cheaper end, or Lenovo Thinkpad towards the more expensive end would probably do the job.

Maybe a look at Dells UK site, and a few searches on google UK?

Some others here will probably have a better idea and will help when they get up later this morning :D

Reaction score
you could try RL supplies in the UK, they do TAX free too, seeing that the girl is from oversea's she is exempt tax over here as she is funded from canada, no doubt UK being like it is you'll have to pay the tax first and then claim it back. none the less it still saves on money and thats what its all about (saving the customer money).
Hope this is of great benefit.

Reaction score
Quick question..... would a North American laptop work in the UK power wise. I rea;ose she would need a power adapter.

Thanks for your help

Harvey

Reaction score
Yes - as long as you can get an adaptop for 240v 3 pin UK mains, it should work just fine.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I dunno much about laptops either, except that some professionals I know favour Toshiba.

And Novatech's range caught my eye but I've no idea what they're like.

Link to Novatech

And avoid Mesh :eek:

Reaction score
I got a Dell Inspiron 6400 - seems to be the model of choice for students (i know at least 4 people who went and bought one...) fantastic kit. Ace screen quality.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help folks. Dad got a Toshiba Pro for a Demo price and has sent it over to the lucky girl in the wilderness in Scotland.

Now I guess the skype will keep the entire family happy.

< resmes Lurk Mode >

Ask a Question