Help! Music Insert Question!

• Thread starter MARILYN OLANDER
  • Start date
M

MARILYN OLANDER

Hi Everyone,

I have a PPt 2003 presentation that includes narrative and music clips.

Before I started making the slides, I put all narrative files and music files into folders I had created in the presentation folder.

All the narratives inserted properly (Insert > Sound > Audio Narrative). All inserted as "media," e.g. Media 4, Media 12.

One of the music clips inserted properly (Insert > Sound > Audio Music). It inserted as media, e.g. Media 2.

The other music clips all inserted with paths to the C drive, e.g. C:\...\Offenbach Domingo.wav.

All the clips were edited with SoundForge Audacity audio editing software, and were "Exported as WAV" to the Audio Music folder in the PPt. presentation folder, and then inserted into the slides.

HelpHelpHelp!

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix those music files so they insert into the slides as "Media"?

The PPt. is to be packaged for CD and sent to my professor (I'm a doctoral student). It has to play out of the box on his computer.

I also have three videos (made with Movie Maker 1 and saved as .WMV files). Same problem!

HelpHelpHelp! If I seem desperate, I am.

You can probably guess that this is my first PowerPoint project.

Thanks so much!

Marilyn

S

Sonia

You probably just *think* there is a problem. The beauty of Package for CD is that it will gather everything together into a single folder and links and embedded files will work, but you probably haven't gotten that far.

WAV files are embedded *IF* they don't exceed the size limit you set in Tools > Options > General. Make that number 50000 and all WAVs will be embedded if they don't exceed 50 MB in size.

Other types of media files are linked. The absolute path that you see will be adjusted when you package the presentation for CD and burn it. The links should not break. Try it and if you have any problem come back here and we'll help you get it working.
--

Sonia Coleman
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun Software, Templates and Tutorials

Hi Everyone,

Before I started making the slides, I put all narrative files and music files into folders I had created in the presentation folder.

All the narratives inserted properly (Insert > Sound > Audio Narrative). All inserted as "media," e.g. Media 4, Media 12.

One of the music clips inserted properly (Insert > Sound > Audio Music). It inserted as media, e.g. Media 2.

The other music clips all inserted with paths to the C drive, e.g. C:\...\Offenbach Domingo.wav.

All the clips were edited with SoundForge Audacity audio editing software, and were "Exported as WAV" to the Audio Music folder in the PPt. presentation folder, and then inserted into the slides.

HelpHelpHelp!

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix those music files so they insert into the slides as "Media"?

The PPt. is to be packaged for CD and sent to my professor (I'm a doctoral student). It has to play out of the box on his computer.

I also have three videos (made with Movie Maker 1 and saved as .WMV files). Same problem!

Thanks so much!

Marilyn

M

MARILYN OLANDER

Hi Sonia,

You're right! Package for CD did in fact copy all of my files for the presentation, music and video included. The CD I burned was complete in all respects, and played just fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Marilyn

--
Marilyn V. Olander
University of Phoenix Online Faculty
(520) 615-9151
(e-mail address removed)
You probably just *think* there is a problem. The beauty of Package for CD is that it will gather everything together into a single folder and links and embedded files will work, but you probably haven't gotten that far.

WAV files are embedded *IF* they don't exceed the size limit you set in Tools > Options > General. Make that number 50000 and all WAVs will be embedded if they don't exceed 50 MB in size.

Other types of media files are linked. The absolute path that you see will be adjusted when you package the presentation for CD and burn it. The links should not break. Try it and if you have any problem come back here and we'll help you get it working.
--

Sonia Coleman

Hi Everyone,

HelpHelpHelp!

Thanks so much!

Marilyn

S

Sonia

I'm glad it worked.
Hi Sonia,

You're right! Package for CD did in fact copy all of my files for the presentation, music and video included. The CD I burned was complete in all respects, and played just fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Marilyn

--
Marilyn V. Olander
University of Phoenix Online Faculty
(520) 615-9151
(e-mail address removed)

--

Sonia Coleman

Hi Everyone,

HelpHelpHelp!

Thanks so much!

Marilyn

Ask a Question