Help me buying a monitor...

Reaction score
I do a bit of photography, using commonly files in the 1gig size viewed at original pixels...also am a game freak in spare time. Nuthin worse for me than flicker when moving tabs at high res and games that are slow as. I found refresh rates below a 100 rather slow at 1024x768, which is an ideal res to work in for most apps. I run at 120hz which is rather greedy, true, but to to run the expense of postage etc that this guy is wanting to do...I wouldnt settle for nuthin less:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Personally I think anything over 85Hz is excessive for most needs, and can make your monitor go a bit crazy if you go too high.
Its always best to stick with the optimal refresh rate for the resolution used on a particular monitor for stability - at 1600 x 1200, the optimum rate is usually around 75Hz.

My monitors are set at 75Hz with no problems whatsoever for apps or gaming :thumb:

Last edited:

Ask a Question