help installing windows XP

Reaction score
ok i need serious help fixing my computer. i partitioned the hard drive using fdisk and everything. once i start running the installation from the i386 folder and typing the winnt. it will start to go but then it will just stop at the blue screen and not go any further as it begins to copy the files. i tried using smartdrive but then i get the error message saying setup is out of memory. i looked up this problem but none of the solutions given have helped me. the main problem is i have to use a usb cdrom drive to run the windows xp disk. and to get my computer, which is a toshiba satellite laptop, i need to use a bootdisk in the floppy drive to recognize the usb drive because you can't boot from a usb on my computer even with updated bios, so i have to use a floppy boot disk to use the cdrom. so does anyone have any ideas? i'm really frustrated here.

Ask a Question