Help for someone with Internet access

Venom25

I have a friend that has asked me to help her out and can't find a good
solution through an internet search. She used a computer disk that has
infected her hard drive but has not been using an anti-virus because she
doesn't have internet access to update a program. She now only gets a blue
screen on boot up. She is using XP.

My question is can I create a boot disk for her that will contain the
necessary program to remove the virus? I use AVG for my computer and can
put the program and updates on that for the time being but that does no good
if she cannot boot up.

Any suggestions or an faq that might contain these answers would be greatly
appreciated.

(e-mail address removed)

DF

If I am not mistaken, AVG's boot disk is made for use with the machine it
was created on. I don't think your idea will work. I am sure there are
other smarter people that will have an answer for you.

Conny

Venom25 said:
I have a friend that has asked me to help her out and can't find a good
solution through an internet search. She used a computer disk that has
infected her hard drive but has not been using an anti-virus because she
doesn't have internet access to update a program. She now only gets a blue
screen on boot up. She is using XP.

My question is can I create a boot disk for her that will contain the
necessary program to remove the virus? I use AVG for my computer and can
put the program and updates on that for the time being but that does no good
if she cannot boot up.

Any suggestions or an faq that might contain these answers would be greatly
appreciated.

(e-mail address removed)

If you run XP yourself make a boot-cd using http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder
And add Ad-Aware, Stinger, F-Secure-DOS,McAfee-DOS scanners.

Vanguardx

Venom25 said:
I have a friend that has asked me to help her out and can't find a
good solution through an internet search. She used a computer disk
that has infected her hard drive but has not been using an anti-virus
because she doesn't have internet access to update a program. She
now only gets a blue screen on boot up. She is using XP.

My question is can I create a boot disk for her that will contain the
necessary program to remove the virus? I use AVG for my computer and
can put the program and updates on that for the time being but that
does no good if she cannot boot up.

System must be able to boot from CD to use the following:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Paul Landregan

DF said:
If I am not mistaken, AVG's boot disk is made for use with the machine it
was created on. I don't think your idea will work. I am sure there are
other smarter people that will have an answer for you.

one suggestion is to get yourself one of the WinPE boot CDs that has
utillities with it. I have one that has McAfee AV on it, excellent for
fixing this type of problem.

Buffalo

"Venom25" > wrote in message
I have a friend that has asked me to help her out and can't find a good
solution through an internet search. She used a computer disk that has
infected her hard drive but has not been using an anti-virus because she
doesn't have internet access to update a program. She now only gets a blue
screen on boot up. She is using XP.

My question is can I create a boot disk for her that will contain the
necessary program to remove the virus? I use AVG for my computer and can
put the program and updates on that for the time being but that does no good
if she cannot boot up.

Any suggestions or an faq that might contain these answers would be greatly
appreciated.

if she knows the date that she became infected, just use the Restore
feature and pick a date right before that.