G

Hi When i download a program from a website i.e java runtime I get a error
message saying that it was interrupted due to my internet connection
settings.I am a broadband user so my automatic detect settings is turned
on.Can anyone HELP as ive tried a few other downloads with no joy

M

Maurice N ~ MVP

Hi Mikey,

Do you experience any problem with other downloads? or is it only this one?

The Sun Java runtime is up to revision 9 already, which just came out.
Steps to follow to get the latest:

1a. Uninstall jre1.5.0_xx Sun Java package via Add/Remove Programs. If you see earlier versions there (e.g., v1.4.0), uninstall "ALL" of them, too.
After uninstalling, reboot if directed to do so.

1b. In Windows Explorer, navigate to and delete C:\Program Files\Java <=this folder.
Do NOT delete C:\Program Files\JavaVM <=this folder, if found!
1c. Open an IE window and go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp > In the middle of the page, click on the Download button to the right of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9 > If Information Bar pop-ups up, right-click on it and say it's OK to display the blocked content > Accept the license agreement > Right-click on Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language and Save the file jre-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-p.exe to your desktop.

1d. When the download is complete, close all browser windows and double-click on the saved file to install the update.
a.. Tip: Choose Custom install to select only the part(s) you need/want.
Delete the downloaded installation file after completing the above procedure and reboot if prompted to do so.

Ask a Question