HELP: dll failed to register woes :S

KevinGPO

I am trying to install my company's work service program but I get this:

Error 1904.
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml4.dll failed to register.
HRESULT -2147024891

It had already been installed, but I un-installed it.

Does anyone know why I get this error message? I went through regedit
deleting all found searches of msxml4.dll. Then I made sure I don't have
..NET 1.1 or 2.0 and also my company's service uninstalled. I rebooted. Then
tried installing again. I still get the same error message. Somehow only
about 50% of the service gets installed, while open and xml functionality is
missing.

HELP

David Candy

Com error -2147024891 = Com error 0x80070005 = Windows error 5.

Net Helpmsg 5
says "Access is denied."

Windows Installer Error 1904 = Module [2] failed to register. HRESULT [3].

Does that help.

KevinGPO

Thanks. I thought about reinstalling MSXML4.0 SDK, etc. I tried to and this
is what I got:

Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0\CLSID. Verify
that you have sufficient access to that key.

I check the permissions and added myself and user group and administrator to
both this key and the parent key. But still no joy. Does anyone know how to
fix this?