Help Deploying .NET App to iPAQ

I

Ian Mooney

I am trying to write a VB.NET (2003) app for my iPAQ 2200. The iPAQ is connected to the PC via USB using ActiveSync 3.7.1.
When I press F5 to run the app it builds successfully but fails to deploy to the iPAQ. I select the "DEPLOY" dialog I select "Pocket PC Device" from the device list and hit the DEPLOY button. After about 30 seconds it returns with a dialog "There were deployment errors. Continue?". The "output" tab has the text listed indicating a communications error, however normal ActiveSync activities (sharing files/e-mails etc.) are working fine. Any assistance would be appreciated.

------ Build started: Project: AAA, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC ------
Preparing resources...
Updating references...
Performing main compilation...
Building satellite assemblies...
Visual Studio is ready to deploy AAA

------ Deploy started: Project: AAA, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC ------
Deploying to Pocket PC Device using TCP Connect Transport

Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically connected to the development computer.
---------------------- Done ----------------------
Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped
Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Regards
Ian

G

Ian Mooney said:
I am trying to write a VB.NET (2003) app for my iPAQ 2200. The iPAQ is connected to the PC via USB using ActiveSync 3.7.1.
When I press F5 to run the app it builds successfully but fails to deploy to the iPAQ. I select the "DEPLOY" dialog I select "Pocket PC Device" from the device list and hit the DEPLOY button. After about 30 seconds it returns with a dialog "There were deployment errors. Continue?". The "output" tab has the text listed indicating a communications error, however normal ActiveSync activities (sharing files/e-mails etc.) are working fine. Any assistance would be appreciated.

------ Build started: Project: AAA, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC ------
Preparing resources...
Updating references...
Performing main compilation...
Building satellite assemblies...
Visual Studio is ready to deploy AAA

------ Deploy started: Project: AAA, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC ------
Deploying to Pocket PC Device using TCP Connect Transport

Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically connected to the development computer.
---------------------- Done ----------------------
Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped
Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Regards
Ian

Hi,

Try looking here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/netcf/faq/default.aspx#11.0

Especially at 11.5, it may help you out.

skicow

Ask a Question