Help deleting an application (a .CAB file)

G

I received an e-mail from a friend that said that my computer has this potential virus. And after searching my computer for the file "jdbgmgr" I found that I have this virus. So naturally I tried to delete it, but it is a Windows application and it will not let me delete it. After I highlighted it, it only lets me: Copy, extract, and open. I do not want to do any of them for it will still be on my computer. How do I delete this application? Extracting to my desktop then deleting it will not help. PLEASE I NEED HELP!

also, to get to it, you go to the C drive, then WIndows, Options, Cabs, then finally to Win98_45. its full name is C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\WIN98_45.CAB

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Desperate said:
heh. i feel like a fool. well thanks alot for the help.

<g> No worries, we all do something like this once, I think. Might want to
advise your well-intentioned friends that they ought to exercise some
caution before freaking everyone out -

A

Alex Nichol

Desperate said:
I received an e-mail from a friend that said that my computer has this potential virus. And after searching my computer for the file "jdbgmgr" I found that I have this virus. So naturally I tried to delete it, but it is a Windows application and it will not let me delete it.

That email is a well known hoax; you should not delete the file (And
tell your friend this). It will not matter much if you succeed - it is
only used by people who are developing 'Java' programs and need to debug
them

Ask a Question