Access Help Access

Reaction score
Hi i saw your email in the internet about help of microsoft access, i have table that haves 5
fields like this:

field1 field2 field3... Even Odd
2 4 5 X Y
I want to calculate the total of even and odd numbers(X,Y) is this possible to do in a query with some functions?
If you can help i'd apreciate, thank you.

Reaction score
ciber said:
Hi i saw your email in the internet about help of microsoft access, i have table that haves 5
fields like this:

field1 field2 field3... Even Odd
2 4 5 X Y
I want to calculate the total of even and odd numbers(X,Y) is this possible to do in a query with some functions?
If you can help i'd apreciate, thank you.

Load the table into a form.

Add two text fields and use the following code for the text boxes
=Count([OddHumbers])
=Count([Evenumbers])

Where oddNumbers and EvenNumbers are the FieldNames of the Odd and Even Numbers.

If you done want a form, then you will need to use VBA to do the task.

Mike

Mike

Reaction score
To do it as a query,

Either create a query on the table and add these two fields

Sum Of Odd: Sum([Table1].[Odd])
Sum Of Even: Sum([Table1].[Even])

You can do this with the query Wizard;

In the Create Query Wizard;
1. Select the table you need to create the Query from and click next
2. Select the Odd and Even fields and add them to the Selected Fields List. Click Next
3. Check the 'Summary' radio button
4. Click the 'Summary options' button
5. Put a check under the sum column for both the Odd and Even fields
6. Click OK and the Next.

Give the Query a name and run it.

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your anwser what i am trying to find it was if that was some chance of doing it just with a query, i gived up and i done it in visual basic, do you use visual basic.net? Im trying to find people who works with vb.net to change information about "how to do..." sometimes and help each other if you know guys tell me something, bye and thank you again for the help.

Reaction score
Hi Ciber,

You can do it with a Query using the code I posted above ..

No, I have not gone the VB.NET route - I prefer VB as it seems to be faster than VB.NET. If I do decide to change it will probably be to Real Basic, and for DB programming - Clarion - rather than Access.

VB.NET is so different from earlier VB versiosn that I believe MS should have named it something else. Most code is not readily changed without totally reprogramming and I have too many projects in VB6 to warrant the upgrade. But this will be the same whichever platform I choose, that said, RB looks good and fast and I have written some small test apps in RB and it seems to deliver.

Mike

Reaction score
Hi

I was a vb 3 user at some years ago and im using now VB.net yes there is some changes, but not too much, i see the same philosophy if there is a new one maybe im not a expert yet,but i still use my own philosophy of vb3 and it works, till now i do not discover what the people say about so many diferences. Do you have msn?

Ask a Question