Hello There

Reaction score
HI,

My name is John and I work with Lion Technologies Inc. I've been working on computers for a little over 8 years now and have been with Lion Tech for about a year on July 14.

I can always use some help because I know I am no where close to being fully literate when it comes to computer problems. I've yet to have one problem be the exact same issue as another. I am always open to ideas and am glad to be here.

John

Reaction score
hello and welcom john .. have a good time here ... i sure have :D

Reaction score
Hey John,

Well I must thank you for your flatery, I would be surpprised if I could give you that much support with the expereince you have. Then Again I got a few screws loose so usually have a different spin on everything.
Pleasure to have you here, looking forward to your posts.

Reaction score
installin operatin sistem XP

LionTech said:
HI,

My name is John and I work with Lion Technologies Inc. I've been working on computers for a little over 8 years now and have been with Lion Tech for about a year on July 14.

I can always use some help because I know I am no where close to being fully literate when it comes to computer problems. I've yet to have one problem be the exact same issue as another. I am always open to ideas and am glad to be here.

John
Hello from Arben

I had problem with my computer( Dell PIII 933MHz H drive 15.3GB Ram 256MB) so I decide to reinstall XP on it but it took about 5 Hrs. for installin and in the end it didnot work I try meny times end it takes so long to copy the files and sometimes it stops tellin that windows can't copy this file, I changed the memory,CD-rom and I tryed the HD in another computer it worked but my computer don't work so I dont now what to do now?

Last edited:
Reaction score
computer said:
Hello from Arben

I had problem with my computer( Dell PIII 933MHz H drive 15.3GB Ram 256MB) so I decide to reinstall XP on it but it took about 5 Hrs. for installin and in the end it didnot work I try meny times end it takes so long to copy the files and sometimes it stops tellin that windows can't copy this file, I changed the memory,CD-rom and I tryed the HD in another computer it worked but my computer don't work so I dont now what to do now?

What was the original issue with your computer that lead you to decide to do a reinstall?

Without that I have just a few things you could check.

-When you tested your Hard Drive, did you use a Hard Drive Tools Diagnostic from the company?

Maxtor - http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/M...tware Downloads/ATA Hard Drives&downloadID=22
Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=999
Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/

-Try another IDE cable for the hard drive and the cd-rom. [new ones if possible].
-If there is still an issue. There could, (not completely 100%), be an issue with the IDE controllers on the motherboard. If you can, try another motherboard with a similar socket (which is, if I'm not mistaken, 370).

Those are just a few suggestions I can think of without any background information first. Let me know what works for you.

~John

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hiya John / LionTech, and welcome to this great community here at PC Review.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
:)

Ask a Question