Heavenly Football

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Take time to read this little lesson about life.

Two 90-year-old men, Al and Tom, had been friends all of their lives. When it was clear that Al was dying, Tom visited him every day.

One day Tom said, 'Al, we both loved playing football all our lives, and we played all through High School and beyond. Please do me one favour: when you get to Heaven, somehow you must let me know if there's football there.'

Al looked up at Tom from his deathbed and said, 'Tom, you've been my best friend for many years. If it's at all possible, I'll do this favour for you.' Shortly after that, Al died.

At midnight a few nights later, Tom was awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to her, 'Tom, Tom.'

'Who is it?' asked Tom, sitting up suddenly. 'Who is it?'

'Tom -- it's me, Al.'

“Can’t be.”

'I'm telling you, it's me, Al,' insisted the voice.

'Al! Where are you?'

'In Heaven,' replied Al. 'I have some really good news and a little bad news.'

'Tell me the good news first,' said Tom.

'The good news,' Al said, 'is that there's football in heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always springtime, and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play football all we want, and we never get tired.'

'That's fantastic,' said Tom. 'It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's the bad news?'

'You're in goal on Saturday.'

Life is uncertain - eat dessert first

Ask a Question