Heaven & Earth (sound question)

Neil Turkenkopf

Hi folks!

I found my old copy of "Heaven & Earth" (abandonware from BuenaVista) circa
1992, and managed to load it from 3.5 floppies to my XP Pro with no
problems. The vga graphics look a little primitive compared to today's
gazillion color games, but it still plays well. My question (also posting
this to the SoundBlaster ng) is concerning the sound...or rather lack of it!

Has anyone figured out how to get the sound to play through a SoundBlaster
card? I have a "SB Live! 5.1 MP3" card, and can only configure the game to
play its music/sound effects through the PC speaker. It used to sound
fantastic on my old Radio Shack machine with TandySound! <g>

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/suggestions, etc...

Yves Leclerc

No DOS SB 16 emulation for XP. Get VDMSound (??) abd see if this would
correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.

Y.

Neil Turkenkopf

Thanks, Y!
I'm not familiar with this VDMSound, but I'll look into it!
--
Neil ¦¬D

No DOS SB 16 emulation for XP. Get VDMSound (??) abd see if this would
correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.

Y.

Jimmy S.

Hi Neil,

To save you some research, VDMSound and SoundBlaster solutions
are offered in Step 6 at this URL: http://www.dosgames.com/xphints.php
which also touches base on several other aspects of DOS/XP gaming. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Thanks, Y!
| I'm not familiar with this VDMSound, but I'll look into it!
| --
| Neil ¦¬D
|
| | No DOS SB 16 emulation for XP. Get VDMSound (??) abd see if this would
| correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.
|
| Y.
|
| | > Hi folks!
| >
| > I found my old copy of "Heaven & Earth" (abandonware from BuenaVista)
| circa
| > 1992, and managed to load it from 3.5 floppies to my XP Pro with no
| > problems. The vga graphics look a little primitive compared to today's
| > gazillion color games, but it still plays well. My question (also posting
| > this to the SoundBlaster ng) is concerning the sound...or rather lack of
| it!
| >
| > Has anyone figured out how to get the sound to play through a SoundBlaster
| > card? I have a "SB Live! 5.1 MP3" card, and can only configure the game to
| > play its music/sound effects through the PC speaker. It used to sound
| > fantastic on my old Radio Shack machine with TandySound! <g>
| >
| > Thanks in advance for any help/advice/suggestions, etc...
| > --
| > Neil ¦¬D

Neil Turkenkopf

Thanks Jimmy! (and thanks again, Y!)

I'd already downloaded & installed VDMSound last night,
and I finally got to hear those great sounds again after all these years!
--
Neil ¦¬D

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
Hi Neil,

To save you some research, VDMSound and SoundBlaster solutions
are offered in Step 6 at this URL: http://www.dosgames.com/xphints.php
which also touches base on several other aspects of DOS/XP gaming. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

| Thanks, Y!
| I'm not familiar with this VDMSound, but I'll look into it!
| --
| Neil ¦¬D
|
| | No DOS SB 16 emulation for XP. Get VDMSound (??) abd see if this would
| correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.
|
| Y.
|
| | > Hi folks!
| >
| > I found my old copy of "Heaven & Earth" (abandonware from BuenaVista)
| circa
| > 1992, and managed to load it from 3.5 floppies to my XP Pro with no
| > problems. The vga graphics look a little primitive compared to today's
| > gazillion color games, but it still plays well. My question (also
posting
| > this to the SoundBlaster ng) is concerning the sound...or rather lack of
| it!
| >
| > Has anyone figured out how to get the sound to play through a
SoundBlaster
| > card? I have a "SB Live! 5.1 MP3" card, and can only configure the game
| > play its music/sound effects through the PC speaker. It used to sound
| > fantastic on my old Radio Shack machine with TandySound! <g>
| >
| > Thanks in advance for any help/advice/suggestions, etc...
| > --
| > Neil ¦¬D

Neil Turkenkopf

Forgot to say "great link"! Thanks again...<g>
--
Neil ¦¬D

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
Hi Neil,

To save you some research, VDMSound and SoundBlaster solutions
are offered in Step 6 at this URL: http://www.dosgames.com/xphints.php
which also touches base on several other aspects of DOS/XP gaming. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

| Thanks, Y!
| I'm not familiar with this VDMSound, but I'll look into it!
| --
| Neil ¦¬D
|
| | No DOS SB 16 emulation for XP. Get VDMSound (??) abd see if this would
| correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.
|
| Y.
|
| | > Hi folks!
| >
| > I found my old copy of "Heaven & Earth" (abandonware from BuenaVista)
| circa
| > 1992, and managed to load it from 3.5 floppies to my XP Pro with no
| > problems. The vga graphics look a little primitive compared to today's
| > gazillion color games, but it still plays well. My question (also
posting
| > this to the SoundBlaster ng) is concerning the sound...or rather lack of
| it!
| >
| > Has anyone figured out how to get the sound to play through a
SoundBlaster
| > card? I have a "SB Live! 5.1 MP3" card, and can only configure the game
| > play its music/sound effects through the PC speaker. It used to sound
| > fantastic on my old Radio Shack machine with TandySound! <g>
| >
| > Thanks in advance for any help/advice/suggestions, etc...
| > --
| > Neil ¦¬D

Jimmy S.

You're most welcome Neil! Glad we could assist! :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

| Forgot to say "great link"! Thanks again...<g>
| --
| Neil ¦¬D
|
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | Hi Neil,
|
| To save you some research, VDMSound and SoundBlaster solutions
| are offered in Step 6 at this URL: http://www.dosgames.com/xphints.php
| which also touches base on several other aspects of DOS/XP gaming. :)
|
| --
| Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|
| Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| _________________________________________________________
|
| | | Thanks, Y!
| | I'm not familiar with this VDMSound, but I'll look into it!
| | --
| | Neil ¦¬D
| |
| | correct this. VDMSound should give you SB 16 emulation in XP.
| |
| | Y.
| |

| | > I found my old copy of "Heaven & Earth" (abandonware from BuenaVista)
| | circa
| | > 1992, and managed to load it from 3.5 floppies to my XP Pro with no
| | > problems. The vga graphics look a little primitive compared to today's
| | > gazillion color games, but it still plays well. My question (also
| posting
| | > this to the SoundBlaster ng) is concerning the sound...or rather lack of
| | it!
| | >
| | > Has anyone figured out how to get the sound to play through a
| SoundBlaster
| | > card? I have a "SB Live! 5.1 MP3" card, and can only configure the game
| | > play its music/sound effects through the PC speaker. It used to sound
| | > fantastic on my old Radio Shack machine with TandySound! <g>
| | >
| | > Thanks in advance for any help/advice/suggestions, etc...
| | > --
| | > Neil ¦¬D

| |
| |